Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ron Ron Gets Traded !!


On the day of the MLB Trade Deadline, I have to comment on the developments of the recently proposed trade in the NBA. The Houston Rockets will send Bobby Jackson, Donte Greene, and next year's #1 Pick to the Sacramento Kings for Ron Artest.


I think this is a tremendous trade for the Rockets because it gives them a dynamic BIG 3 grouping on the roster with McGradey, Yao, & Ron Ron. Not to mention role players like Luther Head, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, and Rafer Alston. The Kings are obviously in rebuilding room and will a significance cap space run in them come 2010. With Kevin Martin, Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes, and Greene among others the Kings are looking to the future.


But things got interesting with Rockets Center Yao Ming caught wind of the deal. Yao was quoted as saying, "Hopefully, [Artest isn't] fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands." Obviously in reference to the Pistons-Pacers brawl a few years back.


Ron Artest just recently responded by saying, ""I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about."


The reason this deal is not official is because Greene was drafted this year and a deal can not be completed until mid-August.


Is it possible this deal can fall apart? If it does indeed go through, will the Rockets finally win a playoff series!?

No comments: