Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Michael Phelps

Olympics madness! Have you caught it?

I sure did for a little while at least. What Michael Phelps did in the pool was in-humane, actually it was more amphibian like than anything resembling a mammal. The point is, Phelps won 8 Gold Medals, and brought 7 world records while at it! Incredible!

The ratings proved how much attention Phelps was receiving and deservedly so. True statement, I was at the Borgata in AC on Friday evening when Phelps was going for Gold medal #7, and honest to God the whole casion stopped to watch and eventually cheer when Mr. Phelps won.

However, the attention of the Olympics has dipped a bit since Phelps' magical run has ended and he is back in the States. Sure, people still care about the Redeem Team, who have advanced to the semifinals of the Olympics and are looking pretty good so far.

The one gripe I do have with the Olympic coverage is the difficulty I have finding the events I want to watch. For example, this morning I was all ready to see the Bolt figure from Jamaica set another World Record in the 200 meter at about 10:20am, but only to find out that it was not broadcasted. Several sports updates and websites later I found out that he did indeed break the record.

Well there goes all that drama!

I want to leave you with this question, Is Michael Phelps the Sportsman of the Year?

No comments: