A Day late, but not a dollar short. I do apologize for the day-delay on the Cleaning up the Mess segment for the week that was.
Enough of that, let's clean up the headline grabbers from the past week!
(And yes this is the unofficial logo of this specific feature)
- Pittsburgh Steelers released running back Najeh Davenport
- Commish Goodell recently said that rookies are being paid to much!
- Tampa Bay RB Earnest Graham signed a 3 year extension and will indeed show up to training camp
- Derrick Rose was the number 1 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft
- Raptors trade TJ Ford among others to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal among others
- The Nets swapped Richard Jefferson to the Bucks for Yi and Bobby Simmons
- The 2008 Olympic Roster was finalized and it includes Lebron, Kobe, and Carmelo among others
- Elton Brand and Baron Davis both became unrestricted free agents
- Nationals closer Chad Cordero is out for the season
- Alex Rodriguez will not participate in the home run derby in his own park
- Brett Myers accepted a demotion to triple-A to work out the kinks
- The Hall of Fame will not accept the 756 HR ball from Barry Bonds
- Manny Ramirez (aka ManRam) shoved a traveling employee last week
GRAB BAG NEWS:
- Uga VI, the beloved University of Georgia mascot, has died from congestive heart failure at his home in Savannah
- The Washington Capitols signed Goalie Jose Theodore
- The Tampa Bay Lightning signed Ryan Malone to a 7-year deal
- Spain won the 2008 Euro Cup
Anything I missed?