Come one, come all ... it's time for another edition of Top 10! This time we'll be looking at the 10 drafted players in the NBA Draft who landed in the best situations in terms of having the opportunity to get playing time and succeed as an individual and team.
Onward and Upward to the Top 10!
10. DeAndre Jordan (Texas A&M) - Los Angeles Clippers - The Clippers were able to land a legit big man prospect in the 2nd round who could help soften the blow if Elton Brand is either traded or becomes a free agent.
09. DJ White (Indiana) - Detroit Pistons - The Pistons have a history of taking chances on players and having them succeed in their system (a la Antonio McDyess). Perhaps once McDyess is done, White could fill in nicely in that role.
08. JJ Hickson (NC State) - Cleveland Cavaliers - Hickson can provide an instant boost of the bench for an aging frontcourt for the Cavs. He reminds me of a Maxiell type on the Pistons.
07. Courtney Lee (Western Kentucky) - Orlando Magic - The Magic need a peremeter shooter and a legit 2 guard, sorry Mo Evans. Lee should have every opportunity to succeed and play in Orlando.
06. Chris Douglas-Roberts (Memphis) - New Jersey Nets - CDR will have a chance to play along with the likes of Devin Harris, Marcus Williams and Vince Carter in the backcourt. CDR should have every chance to make the team and have a great chance to play some significant minutes. I think he may be one of the steals of the draft.
05. Russell Westbrook (UCLA) - Seattle Supersonics - Come on now, having the opportunity to distribute to two young guns in Jeff Green and Kevin Durant is very enticing. These three young guys should have a great chance to grow together and flourish whether it is in Seattle or Oklahoma City.
04. Mario Chalmers (Kansas) - Miami Heat - Chalmers slipped in the draft and many had him projected as a first round pick. The Heat may have lucked out with a steal here and Chalmers go eventually work his way into the starting lineup. In the mean time he will be a great sub for Wade and Jason Williams aka White Chocolate.
03. Brook Lopez (Stanford) - New Jersey Nets - The Nets were elated when Brook slipped to them at the number 10 pick. It was a big day for NJ after grabbing Yi, Brook Lopez, and CDR. Lopez should start in the frontcourt alongside Sean Williams and Yi, with Vince Carter and Devin Harris in the backcourt.
02. Jerryd Bayless (Arizona) - Portland Trail Blazers - Bayless has to stoked to be leading the up and coming Blazers. The options he will have on offense to distribute the ball to, Roy, Webster, Oden, and Aldridge just to name a few. The Blazers have a very bright future ahead of them and the swap for Bayless was a key move.
01. Michael Beasley (Kansas State) - Miami Heat - It's tough to argue with the number 2 overall pick and what he will do for Miami. Beasley appears to be an instant 20 and 10 guy and will help provide a potent offense for the Heat with Shawn Marion and Dwayne Wade.